Database > EasyCache > Overview
NHN Cloud EasyCache is a service that provides Redis (REmote DIctionary Server) in a cloud environment.
You can use a highly available Redis server with simple settings.
Characteristics and Features
- To use EasyCache, you must activate the Compute & Network service.
- A Redis server that can be created instantly when you want.
- You can use management features.
- You can view the measurements to monitor the cache performance of Redis server in graphs.
- You can perform automatic backup of memory data at specified time, once per day.
- You can perform manual backup of memory data instantly at the time you want.
- The data is stored in safe external storage.
- Using the stored backup data, a new replication group can be created at any time.
- You can manage the configuration of Redis servers with profiles.
- You can get notification on the event and monitoring status of replication groups.
- You can manage the events and threshold settings for monitoring.
- You can search for and check the status of replication groups and nodes.
- A replication group is provided as Standalone and Replication types.
- Server specification supports 2-64 GB memory.
- You can create a replication group with virtual devices of all specifications provided by the Compute & Network service of NHN Cloud.
- You cannot access the operating system of a replication group directly. You can access a Redis server using the assigned domain and the port that you entered when creating a replication group.
- You can create a replication group only when you select VPC subnet in the Compute & Network service, and you can communicate with the instance of the Compute & Network service through VPC subnet.
- A replication group is disconnected from external networks, except for the user's subnet. If connection from an external network is required, floating IP must be attached.
- If you are using the Compute & Network service, you can configure a subnet for connection when you create a replication group.
- Network connection is enabled between the replication group and the instance in the connected subnet.
- A master is a general instance that allows read and write operations.
- A replica is an instance that replicates a master in real time.
- A logical area where a replication group is created.
- A dynamic IP used for communication with external networks.
- To use a floating IP, an internet gateway must be associated with the user's VPC subnet attached to the instance to be configured.
- The Redis of instance associated with a floating IP is accessible from external network through a public domain.
- You will be charged for a floating IP as soon as it is created, apart from Redis instances.
High Availability (Automatic HA)
- If you use the HA feature, the service monitors the master of replication group, detects failure, and performs failover automatically. This feature can reduce the service downtime as much as possible.
- Configuration of the Redis server.
- You can set either the default profile or a user profile.