Please note that, in case of excessive email bounce rate, NHN Cloud Email service may be restricted from sending emails according to the service operation policy.
- Bounce rate is the percentage of email addresses that were notified by the inbound SMTP server that the email could not be delivered (bounce or sending failure) among all the email addresses that the customer requested sending.
Customers are advised to check their email delivery status to avoid excessive email bounce rate.
The causes for bounce rate (bounce or sending failure) are as follows.
- Invalid sender email address or sending domain
- Invalid recipient email address or receiving domain
- Sending domains that do not apply email security measures such as SPF, DKIM, DMARC, etc.
- When sending repeated or duplicate emails to the same recipient excessively
- When sending a forged email to circumvent opt-out
- When sending an email containing content that may be suspected of phishing or spam
- When sending an advertising email that does not comply with the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection
If email sending is restricted due to the bounce rate, please check the following.
- Check whether there are any items that are the cause of the bounce rate and take corrective action.
- After that, inquire about the removal of restriction on email sending through the 1:1 Inquiry.