Compute > Instance Template > Overview
The Instance Template is a service that predefines and stores frequently used instance component information. You can use a predefined instance template to create an instance with the same specification easily, or use it to create a scaling group for using Autoscale.
Instance Template Components
The instance template predefines the following components that compose the instance.
- Image: A virtual disk image containing the instance's OS
- Availability zone: Physical location where the instance is to be created
- Flavor: Performance of the virtual hardware of the instance
- Key pair: Key used as the means to access to the instance
- Block storage: Type and capacity of the default disk to be attached to the instance
- Network: Virtual network to be connected to the instance
- Floating IP: Whether to use a floating IP
- Security group: Network security setting of the instance
- Additional block storage: Type and capacity of the disk to be additionally attached to the instance
- User script: Script to be automatically executed during the initial booting after the instance is created
The role of the instance template is simply to store the component information.
The instance is not automatically created by simply making an instance template.